Monday, November 2, 2009

Know-Your Expense: Month Aug to Oct

Its a long 3 months for me to record my expenses. But without me knowing, its has become a habit. Quite cool to see how your expenses 'behave' in different phases of your life. Instead of showing big picture consist of all the entities in bar chart form, i decided to show each one in their line chart and do a brief review on them, see how they correlate with schooling days, working days and do-nothing days.


Meals

Is fun to see how we consume in correlation with going to school.
April - May: Lesser lesson and eventually no lesson on mid May.
June - July and Sept: Meals are almost cut half! Also with work, means eat at work.
Aug: This is the part which stuns me awhile.. Making me think back what I'm doing for the whole of August, 20++ for all 3 meals!

Looking at my other entities, i found out that i was stuck at home most of the time, noting my increase in eBay buying. Well also could be more work, noting my increase in my Pay for that month (*figures not shown). Maybe after Desaru IM, i prefer to rest at home more, training alot lesser, which again means eat lesser

Sept - Oct: Notice that my Sept consumption falls within the same range ($60-$80) as Jun and Jul. But a bit of rise, thanks to School reopen (late Sept)

Now inspect to each meal, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Breakfast: Having the least movement on the chart, it suggest that Schooling have little affect to Breakfast and also the least impact to the Total Meal Consumption.

Lunch: Using October as the benchmark to suggest the real consumption of lunch during Schooling Period, which marks at range $60-$80. When there is no school, but training hard. Lunch consumption is range $30-$50. How about little activity? Doing nothing, still suggest, I have to consumption $10-$30.

Dinner: I personally see training as direct correlation with my training. As i don't consume dinner during school hours. Note the sudden spike in July which could imply that I'm eating more or better during this period of time. The gradual increase from Aug to Oct shows how well/much i eat as i recover from Desaru and training again for Standard Chartered Marathon. Lastly, thinking back on how to have my dinner for Jun-Jul and Aug-Oct. Jun-Jul, I'm having the cheapo kind of dinner, only Economic Rice. While Aug-Oct, with more money, I decided to eat better food like BBQ Half Chicken and Mini Wok which are all twice as much as Economic Rice.


Transport

Transportation is another linked entity with schooling, suggesting the trips spend to school. During Oct, it hits $60, higher than Jul which I'm most probably traveling to work. April's $70 amount was thanks to numerous trips to revision classes which are not schedule economically. why? 1 3hr lesson a day for 4-5 days per week.. That's the period, I'm having revision lectures which i can plan to squeeze 2 lecture per day.

Wanting to share the effect of School on MISC and Leisure. However, found little correlation in between them. Hence decided to leave them out.


Should I Start Eating Economic Rice Again?
C Cube

No comments: