Sunday, January 3, 2010

Financial Reporting AY 2009: Ledger and Journal

I'm also using this sheet to record my daily expenses. With simple heading, date, item/event and the amount spend. Had started this habit during March when I'm too damn bored with my 4 months holiday. Unknowing its December already, conducted this assignment for like 10 months! Now i can easily set my budget for transport, each meal and bills for my current lifestyle.

Had set aside the heading "investment" which is the amount i spent on my projects. As the figures can fluctuate way beyond my other entries. However, start to feel the need to include Cash Inflow. I will more or less be completed as a cash flow statement. Entries will mainly be allowance and sales proceeds from my projects. With them, i can judge whether I'm spending within my means, also measure the amount of cash inflow. Hopefully i can get some interesting data pattern.

I'm figuring how i can include into my current spreadsheet and make it user friendly when I'm using it through my mobile phone. With the screen size of 2" by 1.5", its not pleasant to navigate if the list of entries gets too long for just 1 day.

Finally i get to the end of my financial reporting. With new format for me to follow next year, i only hope it can gel in well with the old entries. Not sure is it too much or normal for a person to monitor his finance status so closely. But i hope with the time i have as a student, i can use it to come out with a good spending budget before i enter the working life.

No comments: