Monday, March 16, 2009

Deal or No Deal, BAD DEAL

Recently had this deal with this buyer from togoparts for selling this pair of Zipp wheels which i set the price at $900. This keen buyer contacted me last Sun, even paid offer to pay a deposit of $50 prior to the meetup which will be on Thurs.

On Wed, 1 day before meetup. I disclosed to him that the wheels is 5 years old, but only used for 1 year. Knowing that its quite bad to last minute disclose such info, i offer to refund him the $50 and even recommend him another pair of 650C wheels, which is going for $900 nego (mavic tri spoke). He claimed that he prefer Zipp, hence went on with the meetup

Thurs, saw this young chap who is about my age, dress in a particular army unit PT kit. Actually i already know the background of this chap who turned out to be in the same unit as my senior. After inspecting the wheels, he wanted to give it to his bike mach to check before making the payment..

THIS IS WHERE SHIT HITS THE FAN.
He told me, he will get back to me after seeing his bike mech. Turned out that the wheels i sold to him is actually in quite a bad shape. He need to send it to another bike mech to verify, which will be on Sat. Damn need to drag again.. I got a bad feeling

Fri, really had this bad feeling about him making a trip to another bikeshop. Scared that he got the whole wheels stripped, in the end not getting and i ended up with a unusable wheels. I sent him a text msg telling him to transfer me the remaining money for my assurance. this is his reply

I'll transfer the cash tml? After i go T3. If no deal, I'll return you the wheels tml. Cool?

Of course I'm cool! So my next reply is to remind him to call me if he is doing anything funny to the wheels.

Sat, damn busy with work. Not really my day.. Cant go ballroom to work, but actually turned out to be my lifesaver. Had to meet up another seller for the groupset on Sun, but one of the parts was left at the 'bikeshop'. Also agreed to work on Sun morning. Jia lat! Shit Boils (shai gun)! Then i remember my Zipp buyer have not reply me, its 8pm already... Called him, no reply, so decided to text him. This is his reply

Oh, the servicing plus repair cost $200 plus. Ya spokes all ceased alr. But my friend is taking the wheels. But he hopes to get ya understanding to reduce abit.

Oh bro, this is getting uncool already~ I already told him to GIVE ME A CALL before doing anything to the wheels. Now he spend another $200 plus and asking for reducing of price?! Sorry bro, PRICE FIXED! He is testing my patience meter. Hence this is my reply

Hi able to make the remaining payment by today or tml? Hope you will honour the deal. Thanks.

Can see that I'm surpassing my anger.. Well I'm still working in a environment of ladies and gentlemen, serving ladies and gentlemen.. His next reply..

I will. My friend ask $850 can? Please? He didn't expect the spokes to ceased up too. Please?

I also never expect you didnt discuss anything with me before your action. Thats breach of safety! Do you get the order clear. Soldier! Thanks for the double PLEASE..
BUT ITS NOT GOING TO WORK! PRICE FIRM MEANS PRICE FIRM!

I wonder this guy's brain is suffering from post diving syndrome, neuro-compression.. Brain had shrink in size due to the pressure.. I told him about his mistakes and not for them, things wouldnt go this ugly. He reply is to tell is to inform me when the payment is made.

My brain so occupied with this issue which i had no mood in continue working, left even earlier at 8pm. Reach home 9, cycled down to bikeshop to collect the parts and pass them to Wils. Found out that cycling after work, helps to circulate the blood for the lower body! Take the chance to vent my fustration too..

Sun, I know he got race thats why he is so rush for the wheels. Maybe to show off on race day. Typical, i also do that. haha! Only texted him at 10plus, hoping that he had recovered from the race and hopfully gotten the cash from his friend. He replied saying that he will transfer tomorrow after receiving the cash from his friend. Ok, understanding seller like me, who had already made the mistake of giving the wheels to you with only $50 deposit, now understand his situation.

Mon
(2100). Times up! No reply from him again! Texted him. He replied that he will transfer once his friend reach home, telling me not to worry.
(2300) He still waiting for his friend to transfer..

Oh well, guess i wait till tomorrow then.. Will add-on to this post on the updates.

Lesson learnt:
  • No Trust At First Sight (actually same for Love). Money Talks
  • Stay firm on your price (if you done your research). The product you selling is a WANT to the buyer, not NEED. Anyway NEED, also don't need so high-end. Its all for posing purpose
  • If no money, then shouldn't get it at the first place. No Discount/Reduce Price

2Lt Bernard Chwee, for your business ethnic, I Salute You!
C Cube

1 comment:

吸尘机 said...

Whole lot KEEP STILL THERE!

-salute!-