This post is suppose to be posted on last sun, but due to other commitment i didn't post.
Well after all the outfield and shag stuff from previous week, this week is relatively more relax. Basically a few highlights are Platoon Battle Course, PBC, Heli ops lesson and lastly Navex on sat (well, another late book out)
Platoon Battle Course. It is basically a infantry platoon carrying out simulated mission at a particular area to scan or clear potential enemy hideout. We did on both Tues and Thurs, both days, we ended the PBC with a route march. On Thurs, we are introduced to a new weapon into our plt to replace another long obsolete weapon. It is much heavier and bulky. I volunteered to carry this weapon so to training for my combat fitness as well as my future 72km route march.
The weapon is really damn bunky, together with the field pack and SBO, it makes movement from place to place really difficult.
Finally end of mission and route march, we are to form up and march towards the bus. I was tired, hence i cant catch up with the front guys. A gap is formed and my CWC, cadet wing comd asked me to catch up. Under the hot sun and the frustration of carrying the weapon, in my mind i was thinking why cant he just get the people from the rear to catch up and fill up the gap first. So i decided to ignore him and continue with my sluggish movement. Now come my instructor, after seeing me ignoring him for sometime and the sluggish movement, he said that i was shag and ask me to pass the weapon to other guys, adding this sentence "CDO cant carry, need infantry." He also instructed my course mate to carry the weapon for me. As my course mate cant reject his instruction, he had to get the weapon form me. At that moment, my ego is shredded in pieces. I just cant swallow this humiliation. That time, I'm more frustrated with my CWC from being so inflexible in the way he do his things as already in the morning we argued over how we should board the bus to be efficient. OK enough of this, lets move on to next activity.
Navigation Ex. I'm looking forward for this ex as it makes an end of this week. I also wanna to be the first few to complete this Ex. But i ended up being the 4th out of 8 group. I had set quite a good reputation in my plt for preforming quite well in Navex (although im not really that good). Hence I'm abit disappointed in my result that day. If I'm can don't go 'Holland' on the 3rd CP, i might come in earlier. Well, if every team also got their reason of not coming in earlier, things will just be the same. So C Cube stop giving yourself EXCUSES!
Well next week main highlight will be FIBUA training cum 'urban outfield', not really looking forward for it as i had went through it, and i don't things how OCS will make it any interesting.
Healing my ego
C Cube
4 more weeks.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment